10+ years experienced forward-thinking IT professional with broad-based knowledge of network & systems administration. Proven record of success in developing & implementing strategic plans to improve corporate computing environments. Effective at assessing business needs and recommending appropriate technology solution. Resourceful, take-charge leader recognized for ability to step into any situation and get results. Self-starter, self-motivated, easy going, reliable, excellent customer and people handling skills and has experience working in diverse multicultural environment. Valued as versatile team player who is quick to pick up new concepts and who thrives on challenge.
- Active Directory
- Exchange Server
- Firewall configuring and monitoring
- Server upgrades/migrations
- LAN/WAN & Access control
- Disaster recovery, Backups & capacity planning
- System security & management
- Installation of software patches and updates
- Application support and client training
- Hardware configurations and troubleshooting
- Installation and maintenance of peripheral equipment
- Image deployment
- Customer service
- HW and SW break fix
Network: TCP/IP and Internetworking, Routing, Switching, Cabling, Troubleshooting, Maintaining, Cisco Routers and Switches, Access control
Server Technologies and Applications: Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, Active Directory, Domains, Quotas, VPN, WDS, RDP, Terminal services
Exchange Servers: Exchange server 2010/2007/2003
Operating Systems: Windows 8/7/Vista/XP
Virtualization: Hyper-V, Citrix Xenserver, Esxi, VMware
Backup/Disaster management: Symantec Backup Exec, Dell AppAssure, R1Soft CDP, Windows Backup
Firewalls: Juniper, Gateprotect, Sonicawall
Desktop Applications: Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop
Hardware: Pc Assembling, Printers, Repairs, Troubleshooting, Peripherals, Installations
- CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
- CompTia A+
- ACMT (Apple Certified Macintosh Technician)
- DCSE (Dell Certified System Expert)
- MCSA 2012 (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate – 2012 Server)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ON Apr2013 – Till date
System Support Representative
Working as a System services representative responsible for On-Site installing, configuring and maintaining a variety of servers, hosts and network equipment in a 7x24 operation with shift work and on-call rotations. Service provided to major Financial, Healthcare, Transportation and Retail customers. Job responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Supporting POS end-users with hardware and software issues
- Installing & Configuring windows, linux and apple os
- Replacing & repairing hardware components on Laptops, Desktops, Tablets, Servers, Printers, Routers and Switches
- Providing end-user support to Windows and Apple users pertaining to hardware, software and productivity applications
- Troubleshooting hardware software issues on Windows and Apple products i.e. Laptops, Desktops, Tablets and Handhelds
- Troubleshooting Xerox, Ricoh and Lexmark printers
- Performing OS Reimages and Factory resets on various Apple, Windows and Networking products
- Providing end-user support for issues related to Citrix, VPN, Remote and Virtual desktop
- Doing IMAC projects involving Desktops, Laptops, Printers, Servers and Networking equipment
- Performing preventative maintenance on Desktop, laptops, servers and printers
- Logging all activities in details on company’s CRM software
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ON May2012 – Feb2013
Network Support Specialist
Worked as a Network specialist supporting clients with their issues related to Computers and Networking. Daily tasks include:
- Installing and configuring Windows servers and services.
- Implementing active directory and creating user accounts, VPNs, Remote desktops
- Developing and deploying logon scripts and group policies
- Designing and configuring Shared folders and ACLs for users and groups
- Installing and configuring exchange servers.
- Configuring and monitoring firewalls, access points
- Planning, Monitoring and running backups.
- Performing preventive maintenance on servers and computers.
- Configuring computers and network settings.
- Making inventory and network diagrams.
- Performing preventive maintenance on servers and computers.
- Providing remote assistance.
- Troubleshooting/resolving server and networking issues.
- Breakfixing HW & SW
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ON Sept – Dec 2011
Compiled a script to automatically compare and sort data before updating the master sheet which was being done manually thus increasing efficiency by 15 percent.
- Diagnosed and troubleshot computers
- Isolated working parts from defective computers after testing
- Sorted, labeled and forwarded to other team for safe keeping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 2010 – 2011
Network / System Administrator
Single handedly designed, configured and managed the $20,000 project as a contractor to setup a new office location in Mohali, India. Effectively assessed client needs and recommended appropriate hardware and software solutions.
- Designed network layout and laid LAN cables.
- Deployed and set up Windows Server 2008 as domain controller.
- Configured user accounts, quotas, roaming profiles and startup scripts.
- Implemented firewall rules to restrict and control access to environment and internet, ensuring data and resources were protected.
- Deployed Windows OS on 25 client computers utilizing Windows Deployment services and Windows Images.
- Supported and troubleshot systems to optimize performance and reliability by installing updates and patches.
- Performed daily backups.
- Crafted technical documentations.
- Conducted trainings for user knowledge & skills development and improvement.
- Provided user support.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 2006 – 2011
Technical Support Supervisor (2010 – 2011)
Resolution Expert (2008 – 2010)
Technical Support Expert (2006 – 2008)
Joined as a technical support technician and got promoted to a resolution expert and then to a supervisor. Supervised a multicultural diverse team of technicians providing computer and networking related support to US customers. Improved customer satisfaction score by 19 percent in 3 months by implementing an innovative process.
- Supervised and provided L2 support to team of 20 technicians.
- Appointed as Windows 7 and Vista SME during the initial launch.
- Conducted need based technical training and meetings for the team.
- Conducted technical knowledge tests.
- Mentored the team members lacking in performance.
- Crafted performance improvement plans.
- Made productivity reports and dashboards.
- Shared performance reports on weekly basis.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 2004 – 2006
Worked as a group leader for a team providing Network and data connectivity related resolutions and assisted the Team Leader in managing the team.
- Troubleshoot access and network related issue.
- Resolved issues related to user account profiles and softwares.
- Conducted weekly briefings and prepared MIS for team performance.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 2000 – 2004
Network Support Engineer
Replaced all 10base2 connections, 1 kilometer and longer in length, by fiber connection which provided more bandwidth and required low maintenance leading to three times customer base and reducing 90 percent maintenance cost. Deployed local area network of more than 250 computers for Chandigarh Engineering College.
- Installed and set up client side equipment and wirings for new customers.
- Resolved network and connectivity related issues.
- Configured and maintained routers and switches.
- Assisted customers in hardware/software installation of Windows 9x, Me, WINNT Server based systems.
- Managed and controlled bandwidth provided to customers.
- Performed regular diagnosis and checks on all the equipment and servers to ensure optimal performance.
EDUCATION / PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- 6 months course in office administration and Microsoft Office
- Participated in ICTC’s Integrated Work Experience Strategy (IWES) Ontario Program